I’ve worked my way up the corporate ladder in the hotel industry so I have proven, hands-on experience of what works well and what needs improving in the business. It’s my unique understanding, personable approach and genuine desire to share my knowledge and experience with hard working owners and investors to maximise the return on their investment that sets me apart from the competition.
My experience and achievements include:
- Developed and executed multiple plans encompassing; strategic positioning, budgets and market segmentation for individual business units and portfolio hotels
- Developed and successfully implemented plans addressing; major property redevelopment improvement, revenue generation, ROI feasibility and repositioning exercises
- Increased flow through contribution in EBITDA byway of optimising operational excellence, best practice in both revenue and cost leadership.
- Developed and successfully reengineered multiple business unit’s cost base; leading to improved KPI performance in ADR positioning, RevPAR, profitability, associate and customer satisfaction.
- Experienced in identifying key issues that may negatively impact owner interests such as business performance, positioning, inadequate strategy and key personnel
- Successfully protected owner returns during various macro market downturns; such as company restructuring, regional instability, global financial, security and safety crises
- Established centralised functions in finance, human resources, procurement, sales and marketing, hotel reservation and distribution and IT resourcing.
- Reporting to boards; experienced in audit and risk management committee work, internal and external audit processes, compliance, OH&S and corporate governance.
- Successfully led large teams of up to 1,500 associates for one business unit, up to over 3,000 within a portfolio of properties